Evening with the artist, Sam Nhlengethwa
The artist is best known for his figurative paintings and collage works exploring themes of social and art history, jazz, mining and domestic life, as well as his iconic Goat lithographs and the series of Tributes to other artists printed at The Artists’ Press in White River. Look forward to seeing a selection of works from his Tribute series as well as family photographs amongst the sound of Nhlengethwa’s Jazz vinyl collection.
Be the first to see the latest installation by Sam Nhlengethwa, in conversation with Nature Morte – The Still from Life exhibition.
The evening will include: meet the artist, a gourmet picnic experience for two while enjoying live music by Nhlengethwa, as we celebrate his love of Jazz.
Ticket is valid for two people.
- Entry into Rupert Museum, exclusive viewing of Sam Nhlengethwa’s installation followed by a meet and greet
- Gourmet picnic, inclusive of food, beverages (wine or non-alcoholic beverage), picnic blanket & pillows
- Live music by Sam Nhlengethwa
- Covid 19 screening (temperature & questionnaire) to be done upon entry of your visit
- Wearing of masks remain mandatory
- Keep 1.5m distance from one another
- Ticket is nonrefundable. If the ticket is transferred to another person, please provide all the relevant details
Contact us at 021 888 3344 / email@example.com
Featured: Sam Nhlengethwa, Tribute to Gerard Sekoto (nd), Colour lithograph. Image courtesy of Goodman Gallery and artist.